Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Trick or Tweet Card

For this card, I used this week's sketch at From the Heart Stamps I {heart} Sketches challenge. I started with a 5x7 inch Kraft card base and used a Cuttlebug embossing folder to emboss the chicken wire design on the card front. The image and sentiment are from a digital stamp set by From the Heart Stamps called "Birdbrain Jack-o-lantern." I imported them to my Silhouette Design Studio software and sized them up for this card. I printed them out and colored the image with Copic and MEXPY markers.
I hand cut the banners for the sentiment and then used Spellbinders Labels 8 for the yellow mat and Spellbinders Decorative Labels 8 for the orange mat. I used an outer circle die from Spellbinders Delicate Doilies to die cut a small circle and then embossed the circle with a Cuttlebug embossing folder to emboss the spider. Then I trimmed the side a bit to match the sketch. I die cut the web border (La-La Land Crafts Spiderweb Border die) to go underneath. I die cut a second web border and cut part of it for the upper left hand corner, also.
I adhered the banners and image with foam squares, the mats with glue tape, and the web and spider with glue dots.
I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
From the Heart Stamps I {heart} Sketches Challenge
 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Carrie! Tracked you back to your blog. What a cute card. I love that chicken wire background, and the great coloring with that orange and yellow combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful job on this weeks sketch! Thanks for joining us this week at From The Heart Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card and great use of the sketc! Thanks for entering I {heart} card sketches with a tWist - hope to see you again next time!

    ReplyDelete