Thursday, October 29, 2015

Outlawz DT Twisted Thursday Inky Impressions Christmas Card

 
I designed this card for the Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge: Anything Goes this week. I just received a few Inky Impressions digital stamps from winning a recent card challenge and thought I would like to use "Angelica's Yummy Goodies" and "Gingerbread Cookies" for this card. I started by importing the digis to my Silhouette Design Studio software and sizing them up for this card. Then I did a trace of the image and colored her in digitally after releasing the compound path of the traced image. I regrouped everything after coloring the image and changed the cut lines to black and selected the option to print the cut lines. I did a couple of offsets for the 2 mats behind her. I did the same thing with the gingerbread cookies as I had done to our baker, and then moved them over onto the baking sheet. The digi set comes with other goodies to choose from, but gingerbread people worked well with the design paper I chose for the 6X8 inch card base.
 
For the pocket to hold my tag, I used a piece of Webster's Pages "Royal Christmas Delights" and scored and folded it to make the pocket. Then I realized that my desserts would be upside down if I wanted the pocket to open at the top! So I cut where the score line was and just glue taped the 2 pieces of cardstock back together so the desserts would be right-side up. Some days that's just how things go!
 
I printed the gingerbread cookie recipe digi stamp and cut it to fit in the pocket. I tied some sheer ribbon with gold trim on it so the recipient can easily pull it out of the pocket.
 
I used glue tape for all my adhering on this card except for my image. I popped her up with foam squares.
 
I'm wishing in hindsight that I had made her apron a different color than her oven mitts so the mitts would show up better, but it all looked very clean and clear on my virtual mat!
 

Here's the tag pulled most of the way out of the pocket.

 
I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
 

5 comments:

  1. Love this clever card, Carrie. Hope you have the coffee going as I am on my way to sample these delicious looking cookies LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie, Your card is just darling. Love the pocket with the cookie recipe so it makes it a nice gift. Your little girl image is so cute and ready for Christmas. I have wanted to ask you what part of Michigan you live in? I lived in the UP for 18 years. But moved to Wisconsin 30 plus year ago.
    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card, Carrie! Very clever way to give a recipe! I love the way you put two shadow layers behind your image...really makes it stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think it matters that the gloves and apron gave the same colors. In real life they often come as a set, don't they:) super cute baking themed card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love what you have done with your Inky images hun
    Thank you for sharing them with us
    hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete