Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Deedee's Digi October DOTM card

This month's progressive challenge set from Deedee's Digis has lots of great images and sentiments. There's a whole scene with this scarecrow in a field with pumpkins, a fence and a crow. For this card, I chose to use just the scarecrow stamp and then the Autumn To-Do List because I wanted them to fit a particular card shape.
I imported the digi set to my Silhouette Design Studio software and sized the scarecrow and sentiment to fit the dies I planned to use. One really great feature of Deedee's digi stamp sets is that they come with both blank outlines and colored versions of the images. Sometimes I'm in the mood to color, but it's nice to have the option to use a pre-colored stamp, also.
I used a new Sizzix die set I just bought last week ("Fold-a-Long Ticket Card") to cut out the base card and my digi stamp and sentiment. This is the card front when it's closed. I used some twine to close it.
Here's the card when it's opened.
Here's a view from an angle so you can see the sentiment better. I added a couple clay leaves I made with Sculpey and cut out with Premo's "Nature" mini cutter set.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Deedee's Digis Monthly Progressive Challenge
 http://www.deedeesdigis.com/search/label/Digi%20of%20the%20Month
Simon Says Stamp - W, 5E - Wrap It Up

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am your newest follower now! :^)
    Really cute card--love the die cut shapes! Darling image and sentiment, too! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete